Central Georgia Genealogical Society (CGGS) is committed to protecting your privacy.
The website is not intended to subject CGGS to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than the State of Georgia and the United States of America.
Information CGGS Collects From You
In the course of your use of the CGGS website and our services, CGGS collects information about you as outlined below:
- Collects personally identifiable information, such as your name, home or work address, email address, or telephone number if you voluntarily give it to us directly or by email during any membership registration, email exchange or survey process.
- Collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and research interests.
CGGS collects data relating to your online activity on our website with respect to our Services, including the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Browser type and version
- Computer hardware and software
- Domain names
- Access times
- Referring website addresses
- Geographic location
- Websites and pages you visit within CGGS
- Metadata about your use and emails sent to you (including clicks and opens)
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance
- Any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services
CGGS stores this data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure (including but not limited to GoDaddy, Wordpress, and Google), including system log files, back-end databases, and analytic systems.
Information from third party social networking sites, including information that social networking sites provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services, such as your name and email address to pre-populate sign-up forms.
The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
Information you provide to CGGS at conferences or seminars
Information you provide to CGGS in surveys
Information that is publicly available
Information you consent to CGGS receiving from third parties
How CGGS Uses Your Information
- Collects and uses your personal information to operate the CGGS website and deliver the services you have requested in accordance with any Data Protection act.
- Uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from CGGS.
- May also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Uses collected data to deliver customized content and advertising within CGGS to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- Does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
- May, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
- May share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to CGGS and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Does not share your personal information with any individual or organizations outside of CGGS without your explicit permission.
- Will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on CGGS or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of CGGS; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of CGGS, or the public.
CGGS website uses “cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server.
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize CGGS pages, or register with a CGGS site or services, a cookie helps CGGS to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same CGGS website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the CGGS features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the CGGS services or websites you visit.
You can change your mind at any time to not receive any information from CGGS by contacting us at CGGS, PO Box 2024, Warner Robins, GA 31099-2024 or email us at CentralGAGene@gmail.com .
We will always treat your information with respect.
CGGS volunteer board members use basic computer applications such as but not limited to Microsoft Excel to maintain society membership information (name, address, email address, phone) that you voluntarily give to us directly or by email during any registration or survey process.
Security of your Personal Information
- Your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
The transmission of information via the Internet, email, or text message is not completely secure. Although CGGS will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through Third Parties or email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once CGGS has received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, access, or modifications.
Links to Other Websites
- CGGS creates links to other websites (such as Google), which are sometimes used in the promotion of products or services offered by CGGS.
- CGGS creates links to other websites for the purpose of providing additional information we feel may be beneficial to the visitor.
- CGGS encourages you to review the privacy policies of websites you choose to link to from CGGS so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information.
- CGGS is not responsible for the privacy policies or other content on websites outside of the CGGS websites.
People have different privacy concerns. CGGS has provided additional details about the information we collect and how we use that information. We have also explained your choices and the control that you have over your information.
Changes to this Policy
Right to Correct Information:
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request a correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information CGGS holds about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that CGGS can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while CGGS assesses whether the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to CGGS processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting CGGS at CGGS, PO Box 2024, Warner Robins, GA 31099-2024 or at email CentralGAGene@gmail.com .
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and resolve the issue.
Updated: 13 July 2020